Visitors

Search This Blog

note

This is where I occasionally write a piece about the healing process that I began back in 2000. You can provide anonymous feedback (which I'd find very motivating) by clicking one of the numbers under each post, rating it on a scale of 1 (awful) to 10 (awesome). You can also feed the fish by clicking on the water.

If you're looking for specific information on the Child Sexual Abuse issue, please scroll down to the bottom of this page and click one of the links of The Askios Projects. If you don't know which link you need, start with Askios 2010 which has information about all the projects.

Thursday 3 November 2011

Hello again, world.

The good news is, I'm still here. The bad news is, I somehow managed to delete ten years' worth of work on Askios this morning.

But is this really a bad thing? I'm not sure. I've found, in life, that the "bad" things are often the best lessons, and that there is alwas some great benefit to be gleaned from them, if only I persevere. And if I don't keep reminding myself of this, I'm going to go into an awful state of despair about the decade or so's worth of research, typing, studying .. and I don't want to go there, so I absolutely must look forward with optimism.

So. Here I am, ten years on, with a slate as blank as when I first decided to share my learnings on the child abuse issue. One big difference, though:  ten years' more experience and information are filed away in my head. I'm not as worried as I could be. (Or should be?)

What will this new Askios be like? I will probably re-source most of the important links to organisations and websites that would be helpful to survivors. I doubt I will have the time or energy or inclination to go back and locate all the hundreds of articles on various aspects of child abuse, that I had posted over the years. But what I will be doing is posting new things. And I think I will be posting on a more personal level, sharing the learnings and feelings of what it is to deal with the childhood experience of abuse. I started Askios with this goal in mind, and somewhere along the way I got caught up in the entire issue and tried to do all and be all, so perhaps this will bring me back to the point at which I began.

Which is a nicer way of saying, "I'm back to square one".


No comments:

Post a Comment